Sixth Form students are role models within the school and the local community and, as such, should wear clothing that is smart yet casual and in keeping with a working and school environment. No clothing should cause offence & all must meet Health & Safety requirements.
To provide absolute clarity:
- No hats or headwear
- No offensive slogans
- No inappropriately short skirts/shorts or low cut/strappy tops (midriffs should not be visible)
- No low-slung, ripped or torn jeans/other clothing
- No sportswear (although smart trainers are permitted) or beachwear (including flip flops)
- No excessive facial piercings, large looped or tunnel earrings
- Hair colour and hairstyles must not be extreme in nature
- Students must wear their student lanyard at all times
This list is not exhaustive and individual judgements may be made by the Sixth Form team. In all of this, the emphasis is on self-respect, maturity and setting a good example. We remind students that they will be asked to return home to change if their style of dress contravenes this dress code.