Sixth Form students are role models within the school and the local community and, as such, should wear clothing that is smart yet casual and in keeping with a working and school environment. No clothing should cause offence & all must meet Health & Safety requirements.
To provide absolute clarity:
- No hats
- No offensive slogans
- No inappropriately short skirts (midriffs should also not be visible)
- No low cut or strappy tops
- No low-slung, ripped or torn jeans or other clothing
- No underwear should be visible
- No sportswear (although smart trainers are permitted)
- No beachwear (including flip flops)
- Tailored shorts are permitted but must sit just above the knee
- No excessive facial piercings, large looped or tunnel earrings
- Hair colour and hairstyles must not be extreme in nature
This list is not exhaustive and individual judgements may be made by the Sixth Form team. In all of this, the emphasis is on self-respect, maturity and setting a good example. We remind students that they will be asked to return home to change if their style of dress contravenes this dress code.