The Nottingham Emmanuel School careers programme provides the opportunity for all Year 12 students to complete a work experience placement for 3 days between Monday 24th and Wednesday 26th July 2023.
As Sixth Formers, students are expected to find their own placement in a place of work which gages their interest by independently contacting suitable employers and asking if they will provide work experience on the dates above. We ask parents to assist their children in securing a placement by speaking with them about their future career aspirations and encouraging their children to reach out to employers to enquire about work experience.
When searching for a placement, students do need to be aware that they are unable to complete a placement which involves:
- Working before 7am or after 7pm
- Working in a cinema, theatre, disco or nightclub
- Working in a slaughter house, butchery or preparing meat for sale
- Working at a fairground, amusement arcade or premises with game or gambling machines
- Sorting or collecting refuse
- Working more than 3 metres off the ground or with harmful chemicals
- Working where there is adult material unsuitable for children
- Being responsible for the personal needs of residents in a care or nursing home (e.g. bathing, toileting and dressing)
- Selling or delivering alcohol
- Delivering milk or fuels
- Collecting money, selling or canvassing door to door or via telephone
Once students have confirmation of a placement, they must submit the details of the placement using the following link as soon as possible: https://www.unifrog.org/student/placement
At this point, checks will be carried out to ensure the placement fulfils health, safety and safeguarding requirements and an email from Unifrog will also be sent to parents/carers so consent can be granted.
If parents have any questions or concerns, or feel that their place of work would be suitable and would be willing to accept work experience students on the dates above, please email Miss Wilkinson on firstname.lastname@example.org.